What are information and referral programs?
Information and referral (I&R) programs maintain information on human service resources in the community and strive to link individuals in need of resources with the appropriate service providers.
What is the information and referral process?
The information and referral process involves:
• contact with the individual
• assessing the individual's long- and short-term needs
• identifying resources to meet those needs
• providing a referral to identified resources
Also, where appropriate, the information and referral process will involve following up with the individual to ensure that needs have been met.
Additional Resources about Information & Referral Programs
• Alliance of Information and Referral Systems